Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default IF/THEN Formula

Whether a cell has a number or is the result of a formula is immaterial. It
looks the same to Excel. Also, showing us what you tried will always result
in better advice, as we have a better idea of what you are trying to do.

As a guess, see if this helps:
=if(or(a1=1,a1=2,a1=3,a1=4),a2,"none of the values found")

Regards,
Fred.

"kwoodward" <u48242@uwe wrote in message news:8ecc99eececc8@uwe...
Hi!

I am trying to set up a formula that looks in a cell for one of four
specific
numbers, then based on the number in the cell, it will input a value from
another cell. I think my problem is that I'm trying to get it to input
the
product of a formula, but I don't know how to get around that.

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. Thanks!