Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KC Rippstein hotmail com> KC Rippstein hotmail com> is offline

Default inserting a subtotal

The only way to do this "automatically" as desired is with a macro, and the
easiest overall solution would be to use a pivot table with the following
macro to keep the data "live":

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Me.PivotTables(1).PivotCache.Refresh

Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit
from it later.

"Smitty" wrote:

KC

Please see the response to Scott. I am trying to create the report without
manula intervention (for several reasons). Can you help me with this?

Smitty

"KC Rippstein" wrote:

Excel has a built-in subtotaling tool. Go to Data Subtotals.
--
Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit
from it later.

"Smitty" wrote:

I am trying to create a worksheet from another. On the new worksheet I want
to insert a subtotal line based upon a change in client name. Can anyone
tell me how to do that?