Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Hey! T. Valko

You can use a worksheet event under the worksheet that contains the cell.

Rightclick on the worksheet tab with the changing cell. Select view code.
Paste this into the newly opened code window:

Option Explicit
Dim myCell As Range
Set myCell = Me.Range("A1")

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then
Exit Sub 'one cell at a time
End If

If Intersect(Target, myCell) Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
End If

Worksheets("sheet1").CommandButton1.Caption _
= Format(myCell.Value, "mmmm dd, yyyy")

End Sub

You'll have to change the cell to look at (I used A1). As well as the other
worksheet's name, the commandbutton's name and use the caption you want.

aussiegirlone wrote:

JLatham
Can I ask you a question while youre here?
I have a command button that when clicked it goes to another sheet
And it works beautifully thanks to other members, I named this button
Sunday. now I wish this same buttons name to change automatically when I
change a date on a different worksheet. Is this possible?
Aussiegirlone

"JLatham" wrote:

someone misses you badly...
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...8-5971526f3f2d

Seems ausiegirlone needs to feel you near. :)

--

Dave Peterson