Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Narusha Narusha is offline

Default How do I freeze panes horizontally and vertically at same time

Mike is saying:

1) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Unfreeze Panes".

First you have to unfreeze your panes (they have been frozen when you tried
to freeze them), and then you can continue with Mike's step 2 & 3

Thanks Mike, you helped me a lot!

Groeten, Narusha

"Mike Kaufman" wrote:

Read my response again. You overlooked something rather important.

"Dana Lewis" wrote:

I don't have a Freeze Panes option under the button Freeze Panes. All I see
is Unfreeze Panes, Freeze Top Row, and Freeze First Column.

Dana

"Mike Kaufman" wrote:

"Leo Ibrahim Shb" wrote:

"Pete_UK" wrote:

If you place the cursor in cell B2 then Window | Freeze Panes you will
find the top row and column A will be "frozen" as you scroll around the
sheet. Try it with C2 selected - this will fix A and B in place as well
as the top row, i.e. all rows above and all columns to the left of the
cell you select when doing Window | Freeze Panes will be frozen on
screen.

Hope this helps.

Pete

BW wrote:
I would like to be able to freeze panes, such as headers, horizontally, as
well as freezing panes in a column, such as listing of names.

This is not work on Excel 2007.
Please help me.

1) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Unfreeze Panes".

2) Click on the cell below and to the right of the row and column you want
to freeze, cell B2 for example.

3) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Freeze Panes".

These options are toggle switches, and you cannot select Freeze Row and
Freeze Column independently. Selecting one turns off the other. And if you
have freezing set for any cell, you have to turn it off before you can freeze
rows and columns at the same time.