Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rajesh Rajesh is offline

Default To count the data using multiple criteria in multiple columns

Thanks philips for your reply. But I am not getting the desired result when I
checked with an example. Whether sumproduct can be used to count the desired
data from the array?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A4="project"),--(C1:C4=week_num))

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Rajesh" wrote in message

I have datas in cell range A1:C4, where A being name of the projects (one
project may occur in two or more places), B being the task number, C being
week for completion of the task. Now I have to count the number of cells
with
given week of completion in a given project. This is to identify the
number
of tasks in a particular week in a particular project.

How shall I do this. Please help me with ideas.