Gord Dibben

Carole

With a 1 only in A1 you cannot drag/copy down using left mouse button or you
will get all 1's as you have discovered.

With a 1 in A1, RIGHT-click and drag down. Release button and select "fill
series" from the menu that pops up.

Best to go with JE's advice with the =ROW()

If you delete a row, you don't have to make any alterations.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:50:04 -0700, Carole Drake
wrote:

When I do that, I get '1' in lots of rows...
Carole D

"Carole O" wrote:

Do you want the row numbers in column A? Insert a column, enter 1 in A1,
then click on the lower right part of the cell, and drag it down. This is
probably the easiest way to do this.

Carole O