Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tia Tia is offline

Default color in cell

Thanks so much to both of you!!!

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Select J15 and then click Format/Conditional Formatting from Excel's menu
bar. Select "Formula Is" in the first drop down and then put this formula in
the blank field that appeared...

=AND(J15="",H15="Purchase")

Next, click the Format button, select the Patterns tab and pick a color you
like, then OK your way back to the worksheet.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Tia" wrote in message
I have two cells that are involved. Say H15 has a drop down list of 3
items.
If "purchase order" is selected from the list of 3, I want J15 to turn
orange. Once that cell turns orange then the user knows he/she needs to
fill
in that cell (j15) with text or numbers or both. Once they fill in j15 I
want the cell to go back to white. I think I've explained this clearly,
if
not let me know.

Thanks,
Tia