Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Default Auto Sum issue

Probably some of the cells contain text numbers which would not respond to
SUM (for example). Try this to convert at one go to real numbers. Copy a
blank cell. Then select the range, right-click Paste special Check "Add"
OK. Now you should be able to SUM as desired.

--
Max
Singapore
"USMonroej" wrote:
My sheet has some contiguous cells which I can auto sum "on the fly" by
highlighting them with my mouse, then seeing the "on the fly" result at the
bottom of the screen. But other contiguous numeric cells cannot be
auto-summed using this method. I have tried various formats. Any ideas?