Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nat Govender[_2_] Nat Govender[_2_] is offline

Default Data Validation On A Cells With Data From A Different Spreadsh

Hi Joerg,

Sorry, I did mean workbook.

"Joerg Mochikun" wrote:

Well, I tested it and it works ("data" was a range on Sheet2, the drop-down
was on Sheet1). I hope that with " totally different speadsheet" you don't
mean workbook...
Joerg

"Nat Govender" wrote in message

I have tried that but it does not work.

I want to generate a Validation from a totally different speadsheet.

Thanks in advance
Nat Govender

"Joerg Mochikun" wrote:

One caveat: In Data|validation|settings you have to precede the list
source
with "=", so if your range name is "data'" you have to input "=data"
(without quotes)

Joerg

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
You can reference another sheet!

Just add a name to that sheet range, InsertNameDefine..., and use the
name rather than the range directly.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Nat Govender" <Nat wrote in
message
Hi All,

I know that in Excel it says that you cannot reference a diffetent
worksheet
when it comes to data validation, however is there any macro that I
could
use
or is there a formular or is there any other way ?

Your help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks in advance
Nat Govender