Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default lost my drop down menus - where are they?

hi
depends. do you have access to your old computer. custom menu/toolbars are
stored in a special file with an .xlb extention. different versions of xl
store this file in different places. if you can search your old pc for this
file, you may be able to install it on your new pc. i've never had to do it
so i'm not sure of the exact prodedure. i have xl02 and my .xlb is located at
documents and setting\FSt1\application data\microsoft\excel\excel10.xlb
i think xl03 will be excel11.xlb

if you can't get to your old pc, you may be looking at reconstruction.

regards
FSt1

"tripodjim" wrote:

I had to move Excel 2003 to a different computer - lost hard drive. I have
all of my worksheets, but now I don't have my custom menus to run my macros.
Can I restore them?