Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Excell 2007: How to arrange cells in a column file alphabetically?

I would recommend you do use event code to sort automatically as you enter
names.

Very difficult to track any errors in input once the sort has taken place.

Make sure the name and info is correct then sort manually as others have
posted.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:52:01 -0800, Vince
wrote:

How can I arrange the data straight down in a column arrange alphabetically??
For instance I enter the name of all my business contacts in a cell, how
could I make it so that every time I enter a new name, it will file it
alphabetically? Thanks much