Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Excell 2007: How to arrange cells in a column file alphabetica

When you select all of the cells and then immediately hit [Alt]+[D] followed
by [Enter] it is the same as going to Data | Sort. What will happen next is
that a dialog will open up to gather a little more about how to sort the
selected cells. You can probably just hit the [Enter] key or click the [OK]
button on that dialog to continue.

If you have related data in other columns on the same row with the names,
make sure you select all of the data in all rows/columns so that when you do
sort it, the related data on the rows goes with the names as they are sorted.

"Vince" wrote:

Hi,
After I select all the cells, where do I enter "alt+d and enter"? in the
actual fx window?

"raghav" wrote:

hi,

select entire names and key as alt+d and enter.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

The simplest thing is to re-sort every so often but others may offer you a
VBA solution
best wishes

Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Vince" wrote in message
How can I arrange the data straight down in a column arrange
alphabetically??
For instance I enter the name of all my business contacts in a cell, how
could I make it so that every time I enter a new name, it will file it
alphabetically? Thanks much