Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Boris Boris is offline

Default Excel 2007 text labels in category axis - missing labels

I have 2 sets of about 7000 data points in a line chart and have a column of
data
with sporadic labels at selected positions. In Excel 2007, selecting
this range (7000 rows, say 30 if which have a label) as the category labels
and
setting the label spacing as one, I can only get the very first label to show
on the chart. By playing around with the label spacing, I can sometimes get
the first 2 labels to display (but cannot understand why) but cannot get all
my labels to display as expected (and as they would under previous versions
of Excel). Can anyone tell me how to get all my labels to display (at their
appropriate positions)? The behaviour remains the same whether the range
contains sporadic text data or formulae whic resultmaninly in blanks with a
few resulting in text. (I have some sets of time data, but for a few months
in different years, which I want to plot on a single chart, not using a time
axis as this would have most of the space dedicated to the dates with no
data... I have used a formula to lablel only the 1 and 15 of the month at
midnight and these are the labes I would like to get on my category axis.)
Many thanks and best wishes, Boris,