Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Calculating the end date?

Can you get the analysis toolpak? Cause workday is what you want for this.
Without that, seems like a lot of code.

"Rae" wrote:

I want to create a test schedule. My knowns are the start_date and number of
days for each tester. So when I plug in the start_date it will automatically
adjust the start and end dates for each tester.

Tester 1 starts testing on 12/08/2008 and it will take him 3 business days
to test; tester 1 should be done testing by 12/11/2008 (calculated based on
start_date and number of business days).

Tester 2 can't start testing until Tester 1 has completed testing, so if
tester 1 is done by 12/11/2008 (this will be the start date for tester 2) and
tester 2 needs 15 business days to test. Tester 2 should be done testing by
12/31/2008 (calculated end date also excluding holidays).

And so forth.... I have 2 additional testers where the start date and end
date needs to be calculated based off of the original start date and the
number of business days.

Thank you,
Rae
(do not have the analysis toolpak that will allow me to use workday or
edate, but I don't think edate will work in this case since I am calculating
end dates)