Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default A formula that grabs info from a specific tab

Hi,

From your message "will VLOOKUP info on the "JUN" tab". Based on this
statement Don's answer addresses your question.

=VLOOKUP(A1,INDIRECT(B1&"!A1:F100"),2,FALSE)

If the drop down is in cell B1, and displays the sheet names, then this
formula looks up the entry in cell A1 in the tab referenced in B1, lets say
Jan, and looks at the range Jan!A1:F100 and returns the items in column 2
(here column B) if it finds the enter in A1 in the range A1:A100 on the Jan
sheet.

cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jaytee" wrote:

I want to set up 12 tabs, one for each month. Then I want to set up a series
of Vlookups on a 13th page, that will grab info based on a Drop down
selection of months. So if I select "JUN" in the drop down, it will VLOOKUP
info on the "JUN" tab. If I select "AUG", it will look in the "AUG" tab. How
might this be done.