tjtjjtjt

Look like I misread your post. Never try to answer questions before coffee.
It puts the N in automatically?
You could check to see what the number format is. Select a cell where this
happens and go to Format | Cells | Number.
Is it a Custom Format that looks something like:
0"N"%

It's also possible that this got applied to the Percentage Style, so you
might try looking at Format | Style. Pick Percentage out of the list. Then
pick Modify. Check out the number format for the style. Does it have a Number
format similar to
0"N"%

If either of those is true, delete the N and the quotation marks.

tj

"Smudger" wrote:

I had an excell sheet from a colleague and ever since when I use percentages
it puts an 'N' in the number eg 99N% - Question: - Is there any way of going
into the settings and correcting this - It is now happening on all my
spreadsheets - New and Old

Cheers

Smudger

PS Merry XMas to you all and thanks for all your help this year!