Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default a simple math formula

Hi Dave

Sorry, I have been off line for a while watching rugby.
Watched Wales v Australia live on the box, and then a recording of England
vs. New Zealand.
I can see that you have now resolved your problem - well done for your
perseverance.
I agree with the "lbm" for pounds weight, not at all intuitive and one that
I always forget.
I typed in "lb" myself first time, got a #NAME error, but when you click the
FX function button on the formula bar, it comes up showing the syntax, and
Help at that point gives the acceptable values.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Dave Horne" wrote in message
Roger, first, thanks for the very fast reply. I think I need to better
understand the syntax (and don't yell at me because I'm really new to
this).

The values in the B cells are simple numbers and I just want those values
individually multiplied by 2.2 and that result placed in the adjacent C
cells.

I don't understand the syntax and what you gave me didn't achieve the
desired results.

Would you be so kind and reread my post and expand a little on your
answer.

I was expecting to see _something_ like the following placed in cell C1
... B5:B77*2.2 ... I'm know that syntax is incorrect but that was along
the line I thought I would see.

Thanks again! Dave Horne

"Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote in message
Hi David

In C5 enter
=CONVERT(B5,"kg","lbm")
and copy down through C6:C77

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Dave Horne" wrote in message
Hi, I'm new to this and have a very simple question.

I have values, simple numbers representing weight in kg, that I wish to
automatically convert to US pounds.

The 'kg' numbers are in fields B5 - to B77 for example. I want the
conversion result (simply multiplying each B cell entry by 2.2) placed
in the ''cell adjacent. Thanks! Dave Horne