Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Excel auto-filter does not filter certain columns

Hi,

Do you mean that columns A:D and M:X have filters applied by the ones in
between do not? What version of Excel are you using?

If you select all the columns of data you want filters on, say A:X, and then
choose Filter, AutoFilter. There should be filters for all the columns.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Eric_NY" wrote:

I've got a spreadsheet with about 80 columns. Auto-filter works fine, except
that it excludes certain columns. The excluded columns are text, and are
fairly wide (150 bytes, 240 bytes, 640 bytes).

Even though the text in these columns is quite wide, I still want to filter
them so I can use criteria such as "begins with" or "contains".

Is there any way to apply a filter to these columns?

Thanks.