Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elaine Elaine is offline

Default Criteria Range result plus x amt of cells

OK, I'm trying that but its not giving me the right answer, Using H column
for one criteria and J column for the criteria which I'd like to use as a
reference, where in the formula am I putting your suggestion...is it the
sum_range? Alternatively, the number I need also appears in Column L, 5 rows
beneath the criteria found at J.

"Max" wrote:

Try, in any cell other than in col C, say in D2:
=SUMIF(C:C,TRUE,OFFSET(C1,ROWS($1:1)*7,))
--
Max
Singapore
"Elaine" wrote:
I would like to use each true criteria range result as a reference to find
the cell contents to sum. i.e.True Criteria range result found in C10, Add
contents found in cell C17. The cell resulting in "true" from the criteria
will be 7 cells above the amount required for SUM ? Can I reference the
results of the criteria range and criteria formula as a base location to find
the cell with the amount to be summed ?