Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Criteria Range result plus x amt of cells

I would like to use each true criteria range result as a reference to find
the cell contents to sum. i.e.True Criteria range result found in C10, Add
contents found in cell C17. The cell resulting in "true" from the criteria
will be 7 cells above the amount required for SUM ? Can I reference the
results of the criteria range and criteria formula as a base location to find
the cell with the amount to be summed ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Try, in any cell other than in col C, say in D2:
=SUMIF(C:C,TRUE,OFFSET(C1,ROWS($1:1)*7,))
--
Max
Singapore
"Elaine" wrote:
I would like to use each true criteria range result as a reference to find
the cell contents to sum. i.e.True Criteria range result found in C10, Add
contents found in cell C17. The cell resulting in "true" from the criteria
will be 7 cells above the amount required for SUM ? Can I reference the
results of the criteria range and criteria formula as a base location to find
the cell with the amount to be summed ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If you show us a sample of the data and the result it may helps us.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Elaine" wrote:

I would like to use each true criteria range result as a reference to find
the cell contents to sum. i.e.True Criteria range result found in C10, Add
contents found in cell C17. The cell resulting in "true" from the criteria
will be 7 cells above the amount required for SUM ? Can I reference the
results of the criteria range and criteria formula as a base location to find
the cell with the amount to be summed ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK, I'm trying that but its not giving me the right answer, Using H column
for one criteria and J column for the criteria which I'd like to use as a
reference, where in the formula am I putting your suggestion...is it the
sum_range? Alternatively, the number I need also appears in Column L, 5 rows
beneath the criteria found at J.

"Elaine" wrote:
I would like to use each true criteria range result as a reference to find
the cell contents to sum. i.e.True Criteria range result found in C10, Add
contents found in cell C17. The cell resulting in "true" from the criteria
will be 7 cells above the amount required for SUM ? Can I reference the
results of the criteria range and criteria formula as a base location to find
the cell with the amount to be summed ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

First, my apologies. The earlier expression should be just:
=SUMIF(C:C,TRUE,OFFSET(C1,7,))

What it does is simply to sum all cells in col C which are 7 cells down from
where TRUE is evaluated (or entered) within the same col C. That's my interp
based on your original post, ref your lines:

.. use each true criteria range result as a reference to find
the cell contents to sum. i.e.True Criteria range result found in C10,
Add contents found in cell C17 ..

Here's a quick test file to illustrate the above for easy recap:
http://freefilehosting.net/download/42b4b
Sum values in same col 7 cells down where TRUE in col.xls

Trust the above answers/closes what you asked for in your original post.
[Please click the YES button below to acknowledge]

I'm not sure about your "new" query below? Looks like you're
changing/expanding the scenario? Suggest that you put in a fresh new posting.
Elaborate it with your sample data (what you have set up), the required logic
(what you want to happen) and expected results (where you want the results to
appear).