Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Smitty Smitty is offline

Default Ignoring a cell contents

Not exactly. The problem I am trying to resolve is:

I already have amounts in a1-l1 which represent 12 different categorioes or
locations. In another spreadsheet I have values for this month. If the
value in c1 has a corresponding amount in the monthly worksheet to be added
to it, I want to do so otherwise don't alter the value that already exists in
c1. I hope this makes sense.

Smitty

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Here is an example that can be adapted to your needs. Say we are going to
put monthly in in A1 thu L1. We start putting Jans data in A1. Next month
we put Feb data in B1, etc.

In M1 we want a formula that give the latest data. We want to ignore the
months that have not occurred yet. In M1 we enter:

=MATCH(LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:L10),A1:L1),A1:L1)

This ignores the empties until they are filled.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200816

"Smitty" wrote:

I am trying to find a way to ignore the contents of a cell if a certain
condition exists. For example, when building a YTD report, if I have nothing
to post this month I want to keep the vale I had at the end of last month.
Can anyone tell me how I might do that?