Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TheMilkGuy TheMilkGuy is offline

Default An alternate input method?

Hi folks! Lurker here using Excel 2003. :^)

My Project:
I have one file made up of a series of worksheets that exchange data
and formulae back and forth thanks to the user's input on the intial
Input worksheet. However, I am finding that as my versions mature,
this Input page (regardless of the pretty picture I put in the
background) still looks like a boring old Excel grid.

My Problem:
The problem lies in the fact that the Input page only needs
interaction in certain cells. Though I have tried inserting a code to
automatically move the active box upon hitting Enter, some guys still
use tab, some use arrow keys, others their mouse.

My Question:
Is there some kind of GUI I can use that can act as a 'surrogate'
Input page? I have yet to 'crack the code' on locking the cells not
to be edited, lest we forget that I am not working with the most savvy
group of Excel navigators (narrator inclusive.)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers,
Craig