Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Ignoring a cell contents

Hi,

Suppose post this month is in cell D1 and last months number is in C1 then
where you want this running number(s), row 2 enter the following formula

=IF(D1="",C1,D1)

With a little more detail we might have other suggestions, like show us
what your data looks like and the result you want to see.

Cheers,
Shane DEvenshire

"Smitty" wrote:

I am trying to find a way to ignore the contents of a cell if a certain
condition exists. For example, when building a YTD report, if I have nothing
to post this month I want to keep the vale I had at the end of last month.
Can anyone tell me how I might do that?