Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Legend box displays on top of plot area.

Hi,

Assuming this is an Access macro, you might get better results in the Access
Newsgroup, its close by.

I you creating the charting in Access and then displaying them in Excel. If
so you might consider passing the data to Excel and plotting it entirely in
Excel. I'm not too biased but I think Excel's charting engine is better.
(Access people - don't get hot, I think Access is a great tool, but although
I know its hard to believe, there are times when one should use Excel).

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"joe" wrote:

Charts that I have generated using an Access macro display the legend on top
of the plot area. Attempting to format the legend area - including toggling
on/off the "show legend without overlapping the chart" does not change the
behavior.

Changing the chart layout (chart tools/design/chart layout) will fix the
problem, but then I need to manually edit the chart back to the layout I
need. I would like to understand what property/feature I am setting in the
macro that causes this behavior.

This behavior is not/was not seen in office 2003 environment. Access Macro
was not changed going from Ofiice 2003 to Office 2007.

--
joe richards