Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SharonT SharonT is offline

Default Count if in a Range

I need to calculate how many numbered surveys have been returned for each
subgroup: SO... count how many (total) are in the range (A1:C20) that fall
within specified ranges. So that I can enter the # of the survey returned in
the range and have it tell me how many in each subgroup have been returned
and what the % of return is (we need 80%).

Range Name: Surveys
Subgroups of Survey #s: 629-635, 636-679, 680-696, etc.
The answer should be:
629-635 =2 29%
636-679 =5 12%
680-696 =8 50%

I have tried variations of countif but can't figure out how to work in the
range of numbers to search and the totalling. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
--
SharonT