Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
doss04 doss04 is offline

Default Conditional Formating Help Needed.

Thanks for your quick reply. Where do i define the names at? In the column
the list was created? Still learning Excel.

"muddan madhu" wrote:

assumed you have names in Col A, cell B2 you have dropdown list of 23
names

make three groups like

First 8 names define it as "one"
next 8 names define it as "two"
last 7 names define it as "three"

Now go to format | conditional format | condition 1 : formula is :
=MATCH(B2,one,0)=1 | choose the color | ok

similarly for condition 2 =MATCH(B2,two,0)=1

conditon 3 =MATCH(B2,three,0)=1

On Nov 20, 12:05 pm, doss04 wrote:
I have a drop down box with 23 names. I want to group them into 3 groups of
color. How can i write multiple names in the format box?