Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default How to chart a large amount of Data to Chart

Hi,

I love Excel, but you are in the wrong tool for doing Gantt charts. You
should consider MS Project.

You are trying to resolve 700 bars, columns or lines and its not going to
work well in standard size chart.

You might Google Gantt Charts in Excel and see what you find.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
"Jennifer" wrote:

I have create a gantt chart with three series, which is possible to do,
however I have about 700 rows to chart, which makes the chart unreadable
unless mammoth in size. Any sugestions ,besides the obvious of not charting
some of the data.
I am need to report each event for a YTD period to show cycle time change.
Is there perhaps another chart type?