Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Creating Views within pivot tables

Do you have any calculated items in the pivot table? That can cause
unrelated data to appear.

Nick Anderson wrote:
Thanks for the response Debra,

There is a drop down for the team. For whatever reason though, when I select
the team from that dropdown it does not display just the data for that team,
it displays other columns that I dont need. There is no data in those columns
but they are still there.

Nick

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Is there a column in the source data that identifies the team?
If there is, put that column in the Page area at the top of the pivot table.
Then select a team from the dropdown list in the Page area.

Nick Anderson wrote:

I work for a sales department that is split into two teams. We have a cancel
team that have their own stats, inbound sales team that have different stats.
What I am trying to do is create a pivot table that will let me select Cancel
Team and have the pivot show just the stats that pertain to that group. I
want to do the same with the inbound sales team. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks
Nick

--