Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default How Bad Can Excel 2007 be?

There are quite a few people who don't like Excel 2007.
However, what you describe doesn't sound like any of of the known
complaints.
What exactly are your formulas (in which cells) and what are your input
values?
And, by the way, what are you trying to accomplish that makes you use
circular references?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"bmoag" wrote in message
Using the sum function in a blank cell to subtract one cell from another
in a row Excel keeps telling me I am using a circular reference and will
not perform the calculation.
If I move over one cell and enter the same formula all works as it should.
Unbelievable: I think Excel is probably the cause of the stock market
meltdown because this dog can't hunt.