Posted to microsoft.public.access,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

Default Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer is still printing ghosts and it's totally freaking me out!!!!!!!

"Synapse Syndrome" wrote in message
JethroUK© wrote:

Every time i use 'Microsoft Office (2003) Doc Image Writer' (no printer
at home) no printed document appears - ever!!!

But when I try to reprint the document it's 'dis-embodied' ghost appears
only in the save as dialogue box (even after a reboot)

I think this is yet another Vista bug (Vista can't see/find existing
documents)

I've reported this before without cure

Anyone know the name of it's predecessor (we use at work) which works
perfectly - creates it's own document type albeit can't remember the
extension

Just use the .XPS printer instead, which is rather like PDF,

think thats the one we use at work 0- how can install it?

althouhg not so
universal. Alternatively, install one of the many free PDF printer
drivers and use that. TinyPDF is good, but you have to make sure you get
the right link, for the updated driver that does not make you download any
further trial software, IIRC.

http://www.tinypdf.com/

ss.