Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Copy info into empty cells below info, until finds cell with new d

Sub copydn()
mc = 2 'column B
For i = 1 To 7
If Cells(i + 1, mc) = "" Then
Cells(i + 1, mc) = Cells(i, mc)
Cells(i + 1, mc - 1) = Cells(i, mc - 1)
End If
Next i

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Fat Jack Utah" <Fat Jack
wrote in message
In Excel 2000 - I need a formula that will start at the top of a colum.
WHen
it finds data in that column - copy that data to the cells below it which
are
Empty or null cells, until it finds a cell with new data.. then begin to
copy
that data in the empty or null cells below it until it finds a cell with
different data and so on

Sample (I Have thousands of this spaces of activity , so just copy would
take days)

08-01-08 Fred Jones Station 1
Station 2
Stations 3
John Smith Station 1
08-02-08 Sally Smith Station 4
Station 216
Station 1

Thanks for any help.. AS I said SOme times there is 50-200 spaces before
the
new data and sometimes 1-2