Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gtb gtb is offline

Default Number formatting

I'm using the & function to draw several cells into one to produce a product
description. One cell has user input format of 0.00. If the user inputs a
value without decimals, ie 4.00, I want the final result to be 4 in the
product description. If the user inputs say 3.15 then the final result in the
product descripton should be 3.15. How do I check a cell to see if there are
numbers to the right of the decimal. Is there a simpler way than say using
Integer, subtract from original, compare to zero and then format with if
statement???