Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stallen34 stallen34 is offline

Default Date Display

Thanks Sheeloo. The control panel was the culprit. Now it works just fine
with "U.S. English".
--
Stan

"Sheeloo" wrote:

It is probably due to the default date format on your computer...

Try 11/5/2008 in any cell which is not formatted as mmm-dd then format it to
mmm-dd. I think you will get 5-11...

You can change your date settings through Control Panel | Regional and
Language Settings.

"stallen34" wrote:

A simple question, I hope. I select custom display of "mmm-dd".
I'm used to my old Excel where I enter "11-5" which displays "Nov 05". When
I try this with this new Excel it displays "May 11".
Yes, I can enter "5-11" & get "Nov 05" but is there a way to allow me to
enter it in the old way (that I'm used to)??
--
Stan