Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arceedee Arceedee is offline

Default Date Display

You'll just have to accept that, exceptionally, something has been written
from a British point of view! Next thing will be spellchecker correctly
accepting 'colour' !!
Only having fun. Don't have the answer but will try.

"stallen34" wrote:

A simple question, I hope. I select custom display of "mmm-dd".
I'm used to my old Excel where I enter "11-5" which displays "Nov 05". When
I try this with this new Excel it displays "May 11".
Yes, I can enter "5-11" & get "Nov 05" but is there a way to allow me to
enter it in the old way (that I'm used to)??
--
Stan