Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Cat Cat is offline

Default conditional formatting using a formula

Good afternoon everyone,

I am using Excell 2007 and need a wee bit of help working out a formula for
the following:

6 columns - B (blank), C(blank), D,E,F(data: text/numerics, font regular),
H(numerics, font regular)

In col B, when I enter "A", I would like:
cols B and C to fill with bright red (excell palette)
cols D,E,F and H to fill with salmon colour(excell palette) and text turn to
bold

In col B, when I enter "B", I would like:
cols B and C to fill with violet (excell palette)
cols D,E,F and H to fill with salmon colour (excell palette) and text to
turn to bold and red

I have tried using the formula in conditional formatting but to no effect;
it simply is'nt working. At the moment, I use the format painter to copy the
above whenever I enter A or B, but it's too slow.

Can anybody help me please?

Thank you