Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Changing font color if conditions are met

You can do this using a custom number format:

Select the range of cells in question. Assume this range is A1:A10
Goto the menu FormatCellsNumber tabCustom
Enter this string in the little box labeled TYPE:

General;[Red]-General;0;@

OK out

Or, you can do it using conditional formatting:

Select the range of cells in question. Assume this range is A1:A10
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the box on the right:
=A1<0
Click the Format button
Select the Font tab
Select Color: RED
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bob" wrote in message
I am trying to change the font to red if the result of a formula is less
then
0. I would like to change this within the formula instead of manually. Any
suggestions?