Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Briggs Briggs is offline

Default Merging two spreadsheets

Thanks, Shane, but I'm not quite sure what cell I am putting this formula in.
Is it possible to be more specific? Thanks!
--
Briggs

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Try

VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$D$1000,2,FALSE)

where A1 is in the sheet with the ID's only and is the first ID, the range
on Sheet2 from A1:D1000 is your student info range, your's will be different.
ID must be in the first column of this sheet. The 2 tells Excel to return
the info from the second column - that might be First Name. You might change
this to 3 if the Last Name was in the third column of the table A1:D1000 .

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Briggs" wrote:

I have two spreadsheets that I need to merge. One has the student's name and
ID number, and the other one only has the ID number. Is there a way to merge
the two sheets so that the ID number is matched up with the student name?
The sheet with the ID numbers only involves over 5,000; the sheet with the
name and ID number is under 600.
--
Briggs