Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jess Jess is offline

Default selecting multiple cells in Excel 2007

I, too, have had this problem with Excel. On my home computer, restarting
Excel has thus far done the trick; however, on my work computer, I tried this
several times and it didn't work. In this thread, I saw that someone simply
changed the zoom to 100% and that took care of the problem, so I tried that
and it worked for me. It's annoying that I can't zoom out like I would like
to, but at least I can select one cell at a time.

"Elaine" wrote:

Having the same issue. Just posted in the more recent item titled "Excel
keeps selecting two cells". I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical USB... I
doubt this has anything to do with the mouse.

Closing and reopening the document does not help. Restarting excel does not
help.