Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ma1000 ma1000 is offline

Default Time Serial

Thanks for quick response.

The source data comes from a mainframe.
Could you tell me how you created the below results so that i can convert a
couple to see if they make business sense.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

It is very difficult to say unless you know what time these numbers represent
(at least few of these)... Ask the source.

Looks like first 5 or 6 are dates
123629757196 - 12/03/06
12807299828 - 12/08/07
12807333103 - 12/08/07

If I enter a dot (.) after the first few digits (which seem to represent a
date) then I get the following times (after formatting as h:mm)

7:08
7:11
7:59

"ma1000" wrote:

Hi

I have a Time columnin a csv file that i receive every month. This column is
suppose to represent a time. The values i receive are mosly over 10 digits,
example
123629757196
12807299828
12807333103

Does anyone know how i can convert these digits/serials to a valid time.

All efforts appreciated

Thanks