trini

Thank you all. Duh. This was helpful. I guess I didn't explain myself
correctly. The data actually looks like

A 1 2 3 B 2 3 2
B 2 3 4 E 1 1 1

etc. I have information in rows and columns. But with a little bit of
work(on my part) I will organize the infor into different sheets and then
sort. Thanks again.
Amanda

"Max" wrote:

Perhaps you might want to try something along the lines outlined in this
recent post: http://tinyurl.com/cw8jp

--
Rgds
Max
"trini" wrote in message
I have a huge spreadsheet of data from questions on 5 different things.

How
do I sort the data. I know there is a function like vlookup to help me do
this but i dont know what it is. My data looks like

A 1 2 3
A 4 5 6
B 1 2 2
A...... You see what I mean. I want to group all the A's,
B's etc together in a new sheet (so that i can do the average, standard
deviation etc) so I need excel to go from row to row, searching for all

the
A's and for each A that it finds transfer all of the data in that row. How

do
I do that?
Thank you