ren6175

Actually, something you wrote in that response to the other gentleman helped
me. You wrote about using advancedfilter and macros. Well, I looked up how to
do macros and created a macro that filtered each data set individually.
Thanks.

Dave

"ren6175" wrote:

I would much rather use filters also; however, I have about 15 events that need
to be individually filtered. Would I have to manually select the ranges each
time
I wanted to filter the data? It would be ideal is I could establish a filter
for each
set of data (i.e. each event). It seems though that the advanced filter has a
memory of only one set of data.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Here's an example of a technique that can be used using functions although I
personally would use filters

http://tinyurl.com/cjs32

Peo Sjoblom

"ren6175" wrote in message
Ok, I see how to use the advanced filter. I would now like to know if
there
is a way to set up advanced filters on different sets of data within the
same
worksheet. For example, in my case I would need a separate filter for each
event (i.e. 100m, high jump, long jump, etc.)

Or is there a way to do what I just did using functions?

BTW your info was very helpful, thanks