Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Allan Grates[_2_] Allan Grates[_2_] is offline

Default Excel IF Formula for an inventory...

David & Vijay,

I tried both formulas and they both worked for me. I decided to use david's
formula as it was the first I tried and worked the first time I put it in my
inventory. Thanks and appreciate it.

Kudos, Allan

"David Biddulph" wrote:

You don't need the K25<=I25 test, Vijay, as you've already dealt with the
K25I25 cases.
--
David Biddulph

"Vijay Chary" wrote in message

Hi Allan ! :)
The formula you need is something like this.
=IF(K25I25,"Above Range",IF(AND(K25<=I25,K25=I24),"Within Range","Below
Range"))
Note: The cell I24 contains the lower limit of the inventory range.

I hope you find the info useful ! Good Luck !

Vijay

"Allan Grates" wrote:

Please, I need help with a formula,

I'm looking for a formula (Something like the IF formula) that will allow
me
to show three(3) different text expressions in one cell according to
mathmatic range. Currently, the only one I can figure out is:
=IF(K25I25,"Inventory above range","Inventory within range"). I have
tried
the =IF(AND.... & =IF(OR... formulas. I would like for the cell to have
the
ability to report: "Inventory above range", "Inventory within range" &
"Inventory below range".