Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bryan De-Lara[_2_] Bryan De-Lara[_2_] is offline

Default sumproduct

I feel so stupid now, I tried using it and I couldn't get it to work. I
pasted yours and it works a treat.
Thank you John for such a quick turnaround.
No doubt I will have another question later that has baffled me for the past
year.

Bryan.

"John C" <johnc@stateofdenial wrote in message
You can still use SUMPRODUCT
=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B556="L"))
or you could use a COUNTIF function
=COUNTIF(B2:B556,"L")
If these don't work for you, post your formula, and I, or someone else,
can
help :)
--
** John C **

"Bryan De-Lara" wrote:

Hi all,
I have a workbook that I use sumproduct in. But this only counts
numeric's.
How can I count (L). If I try to use sumproduct obviously it reports 0.
I need to count from B2 TO B556 in a column. Any help would be
appreciated.
Thanks.