Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Are there any functions or tricks to dedupe a list?

Hi,

We need more detail, show us some sample data. What makes a row unique, in
other words does column A contain First Names, B Last Names, C Age, D Salary,
and so on. Then is a unique a row in which all columns are unique or just
some of the columns?

What do you mean by "so hiding rows" do you mean you want to hide rows that
are duplicated?

If so, you might try selecting all the columns of data and choosing Data,
Filter, Advanced Filter, check the Unique Records button and click OK.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"jerry" wrote:

I need to count how many unique records (rows) there are so hiding rows. Is
there any macro or function that will dedupe to display a single entry for a
unqiue cell entry.