Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MyVeryOwnSelf[_2_] MyVeryOwnSelf[_2_] is offline

Default Formula Help Please

I am trying to record a cell from sheet1
to a column on sheet2, where the cell on sheet1 changes every day, but
on sheet2 I want it to record the new data below the old data while
keeping the ol data. So, sheet1 a1 I put 30, I want it to go to
sheet2 a1 and put 30. Then tomorrow I put 50 in sheet1 a1, I want the
result to go in sheet2 a2, while still having my 30 from the previous
day in a1. So at the end of the month I can look back at each day and
see what the data was.

Here's one way with Excel 2003.

First, allow circular references in the workbook by checking the box
Tools Options Calculation Iteration

Then in Sheet2!A1 put
=IF(DAY(TODAY())=ROW(),Sheet1!$A$1,A1)
and copy down to A31.

Caution: allowing circular references can be a risk. Later, if you make a
circular reference in the workbook by mistake, and Excel won't flag it as
an error.