Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sheeloo[_3_] Sheeloo[_3_] is offline

Default Assigning and counting values that are text

Correction
Drag Type to the left col
and Store to the right side in the large area

"MikeE" wrote:

Can anyone help me?
I have two columns, first one lists several types of sales as text; "NEW",
"NRE", "CPE" etc... the second column lists store numbers; "R18", "R41"
etc... I need a formula that will extract the desired information from the
data for each sales type to each store number. The data comes lumped
together, so I need to know how many "NEW" sales belong to "R18" for example.
Is this possible?