Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mebsmith mebsmith is offline

Default Vlookup using 2 criteria

I am trying to use vlookup to populate a table with less data over the same
time period. I can use the data/time column (see below) but the date/time
repeats sometimes for different values in the second column. So my question
is how can i get vlookup to match the values in the first and second columns
when it retrieves data for the column i am interested in...

7/1/2008 0:52 KBA 25.6 (column of interest)
..
..
different time and date stamps...
..
..

7/1/2008 0:52 Kgg 30.6

When i use vlookup now to find the exact match it returns the first instance
on that particular time stamp, how can i get it to match to that second
column too.

Many thanks!!

Marcus