Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Clear the file open file name dropdown list

Hi Daniel
When you use FileOpen, it will show the files as in the folder that has
been set under ToolsOptionsGeneralDefault File location.

The only way to clear the list would be
1. Set the location to be a new blank folder
2. Navigate to the existing folder using My ComputerDelete the files that
are there ( ONLY IF you are sure you don't need them any more).

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Daniel.C" wrote in message
Thank you. That's not exactly what I am looking for. When I click on File,
then Open, the file open dialog box displays a drop down list facing "File
Name". I want to clear the drop down list content. The files here are not
the most recently used. I even don't know the logics of it. There seems to
be old files.
Daniel

dlw a écrit :
tools/options/general/uncheck recently used files list.

"Daniel.C" wrote:

Hello
Excel 2003
When I click File / Open, the dialog box displays a dropdown list with
file names. How can I clear that list, if this is possible.
TIA
Daniel