Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Formula Help Please

I am very new to Excel

Formulas are volatile inasmuch as when the dependent cell changes the return
from the Formula changes. Therefore any formula that references Sheet1 A1
will update everytime that Sheet1 A1 changes. You will therefore need VBA
code to do what you want.
Is that an option?

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Michael Cannon" wrote in message
I am very new to Excel and I don't know all the technical jargon so I'll
just
explain my problem. I am trying to record a cell from sheet1 to a column
on
sheet2, where the cell on sheet1 changes every day, but on sheet2 I want
it
to record the new data below the old data while keeping the ol data. So,
sheet1 a1 I put 30, I want it to go to sheet2 a1 and put 30. Then tomorrow
put 50 in sheet1 a1, I want the result to go in sheet2 a2, while still
having
my 30 from the previous day in a1. So at the end of the month I can look
back
at each day and see what the data was.Thanks for any help.