Otto Moehrbach

Maybe I don't see the problem you have, but you can sort all your data
(Data - Sort) on the first column. This will put all the As together, and
all the Bs together, and so on. Then you can copy and paste all the As, all
the Bs, etc.
If you have a reason for not doing it this way, or I missed your
problem, then you would have to use VBA (a macro) to do what you want. Post
back if sorting as above does not work for you. HTH Otto
"trini" wrote in message
I have a huge spreadsheet of data from questions on 5 different things. How
do I sort the data. I know there is a function like vlookup to help me do
this but i dont know what it is. My data looks like

A 1 2 3
A 4 5 6
B 1 2 2
A...... You see what I mean. I want to group all the A's,
B's etc together in a new sheet (so that i can do the average, standard
deviation etc) so I need excel to go from row to row, searching for all
the
A's and for each A that it finds transfer all of the data in that row. How
do
I do that?
Thank you